Reference and Instructional Services Intern, Henry Whittemore Library, Framingham MA
posted August 6, 2013 12:46 PM
Henry Whittemore Library is seeking a reference and instructional services assistant. The intern would work part-time during daytime hours during the fall and spring semesters. The intern will gain experience working in a reference department.
- Assist a reference librarian at the reference desk by providing research assistance, updating online research guides, answering reference onsite, phone, and email inquiries.
- May assist a Reference Librarian during information literacy sessions.
- Troubleshoots basic computer, printer and other technical issues.
- Bachelor's degree and MLIS candidate required
- Knowledge of library operations and electronic databases
- Good communication skills
- Commitment to public services
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to focus and work accurately on detailed oriented tasks
- Ability to work independently and prioritize project
- Ability to manage multiple projects and activities
For more information contact:
Reference and Electronic Resources Librarian
Henry Whittemore Library
Framingham State University
100 State Street
Framingham, MA 01702