Senior Analyst, eCommerce Taxonomy, Staples, Framingham MA
posted August 9, 2013 5:31 PM
Think you know Staples? Think again. Sure, we love our office supplies, but we're more than just paper clips and post-its!
Did you know we're the #2 online retailer in the world? Yep, we have a global presence with over 35 websites in 23 countries. We're doing lots of cool stuff in the mobile space, and are always looking for ways to make a good experience even better.
The Senior Analyst of eCommerce Taxonomy will work as part of the Information Architecture team at Staples. This person will work closely with various stakeholders including Information Technology, User Experience specialists, and business partners to develop an overall taxonomy framework for various business domains.
The person in this role will help build a world-class, intuitive, and comprehensive navigation structure to optimize customer experience when searching and browsing. This person will own the strategy, implementation and maintenance of the content and data structures that deliver the browse experience and make it easy to shop for products on Staples websites.
· Develop browse structures to organize our extensive product selection for customers
· Develop, evaluate, implement and manage taxonomy strategies with strong consideration to navigation systems, search mechanisms, merchandising and search engine optimization within Endeca
· Ensure online hierarchy efforts are aligned with efforts from several key internal business partners, including the Online Merchandising, Marketing, User Experience, and Product Management teams
· Coordinate with user research and market research to test taxonomy additions or changes
· Analyze website metrics and customer behavior data to make intelligent decisions on optimizing our taxonomy navigation structures
· Benchmark the online product hierarchy versus competitors; translate findings into strategic action
· Develop measurement plans and dashboards; monitor and report on critical metrics and KPIs
· Develop governance models, procedures and policies for the taxonomy
Lead special projects/initiatives as assigned
· Bachelor's degree in related discipline required (Information sciences, Library Sciences, or Human Computer Interaction or related field with relevant coursework)
· Must have 3+ years of experience in large, analytics driven, multi-channel organizations
· Must have 3+ years of related ecommerce, product merchandising, or product management experience
· Minimum 3 years' experience defining and managing taxonomy strategies and models
· Master degree highly preferred Information sciences, Library Sciences, or Human Computer Interaction or related field with relevant coursework
· Understanding of taxonomy, rules, and workflows and how to work with and maintain them
· Understanding of industry standards and classification systems
· Experience with faceted online search engines; Endeca preferred
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Passionate about website usability with great instincts for improving customer shopping experience. Ability to see how decisions affect the customer experience.
· Highly self-motivated, organized, detail oriented, and able to prioritize and focus on critical tasks to meet aggressive deadlines
· Very comfortable managing numerous and diverse stakeholders, driving taxonomy/information architecture design for strategic, high visibility initiatives
· Strong communication skills and business acumen
For more details, please contact:
Staples Corporate Recruiter