Taxonomy (temp-to-perm position), Cartera Commerce, Lexington MA
posted August 4, 2013 11:39 AM
Cartera Commerce, the leading provider of card-linked marketing solutions, has a project-based taxonomy and search -related position. It could lead to a permanent position. the position is onsite in Lexington, MA, but over time, work could be done from home as well.
Summary of Role
This role requires a passion for providing best online search user experience. Candidate should be comfortable digging into site categorization and familiar with search technology. The ideal candidate should also have excellent communications skills.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Learning in-house product search systems based on SOLR
- Analyzing product taxonomy provided by the vendors and mapping to Cartera category hierarchy
- Evaluating search results and comparing user experience on different systems
- Work closely with other teams to provide feedback and requirements for search results and user experience
- Understanding of the fundamentals of the search engine industry, search algorithms, and current information retrieval principles.
- Previous experience working with a taxonomy system a plus.
- BA/BS degree from a 4-year university.
- Advanced understanding of the fundamentals of the search engine industry, search algorithms, and current information retrieval principles.
- Experience with advanced analytics and trending software a plus.
Senior Director, Program and Relationship Manager
One Cranberry Hill | Lexington, MA 02421