Chief Book Conservator, Boston Public Library, Boston MA
posted September 8, 2013 1:56 PM
The Boston Public Library is accepting applications for the Chief Book Conservator position. The Chief Book Conservator will provide expertise, services, direction, and leadership to enable the library to successfully preserve its archival and special collections materials, including preservation, conservation, and leveraging new and emerging technologies and tools.
Salary: $56,191 - 75,816, DOQ. Competitive benefits.
- Education - Bachelor's degree from a recognized college or university and a master's degree or other post graduate, professional certificate from a well-recognized program of conservation or bookbinding. In exceptional circumstances, special education, training, and/or experience as evidenced by a conservation portfolio may be substituted for part or all of the educational requirements.
- Experience - Five years of appropriate experience in a conservation lab or bookbinding facility including two years supervisory and/or management experience.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and focus on detail as required by the job.
- Residency - Must be a resident of the City of Boston upon the first day of hire.
- CORI - Must successfully clear a Criminal Offenders Record Information check with the City of Boston.
Complete job description and application available at: www.cityofboston.gov/OHR/
Deadline for application: September 30, 2013