Circulation Supervisor/Reserves Coordinator, Southern New Hampshire University, Manchester NH
posted September 30, 2013 4:58 PM
At Southern New Hampshire University we routinely go above and beyond what is expected of us. We believe there are no limits to what you can do, what you can be and what you can achieve either as a student or as an employee. Come be a part of innovation and education!
This position is responsible for ensuring efficient and exemplary customer service to library patrons on all aspects of circulation services including:
- Resolving complex transactions.
- Explaining policies.
- Making decisions regarding exceptional circumstances or reporting library issues to the Access Services Librarian.
- Responsible for opening the library building as assigned.
- Serving as a model for positive and helpful service.
- Trains and supervises student employees in the use of the Library Catalog, Library Shelving, basic Library Circulation functions and basic troubleshooting for the Print Management System.
- Serves as the Library Reserves Coordinator ensuring access to Reserve materials by working with faculty, Library Technical Services Staff, and identifying appropriate textbook purchases from the College Bookstore Lists.
- Other duties may be assigned.
All Library Staff in the Access Services Department are considered "Essential Personnel" and under the discretion of the Access Services Librarian are required to report to work even in snow conditions or general University closure.
This part-time position is allotted approximately 25 hours a week, 48 weeks a year. General working hours are approximately: 7:45am-1pm, Monday-Friday.
- Associates degree with 1-2 years related experience.
- Supervisory or management experience.
- Current experience in providing Library Service.
- Familiarity with academic culture.
- Excellent customer service skills, particularly demonstrated within a diverse population.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
To Apply: Please complete and submit an online application through our Employment site: http://snhu.peopleadmin.com/