Computer Coordinator, Holyoke Public Library, Holyoke MA
posted September 30, 2013 4:17 PM
COMPUTER COORDINATOR - HOLYOKE PUBLIC LIBRARY
Position Summary: This position plans, implements, and maintains the Library's automated systems and services, public access computers and devices, and staff computers. This position serves as systems administrator for the library's local area network, including maintenance, security, backup, upgrade, and development. This position is the administrator for the Library's web site.
1. Administers and supports Library's integrated circulation and cataloging systems, currently Evergreen through C/W MARS.
2. Maintains and troubleshoots Library's print and time management software (currently EnvisionWare), identifying and resolving software and/or hardware issues.
3. Manages desktop systems at all locations including purchase, installation, upgrade, repair, security, and routine maintenance for staff and public functions (primarily Dell but including some Macs)
4. Serves as implementation coordinator between the Holyoke Public Library and the library's automated systems vendors (C/W MARS and 3M)
5. Acts as a liaison with hardware and software vendors (i.e, Dell, Microsoft etc.) and telecommunications vendors (i.e. Verizon, Holyoke Gas and Electric).
6. Develops and recommends policy and procedures for the use of computers, computer systems, and other devices.
7. Provides staff with technical training in the use of public and staff internet applications, software and hardware, creating in-house documentation as needed.
8. Provides computer training in the use of internet applications, software and hardware,
including devices, to the public
9. Administers the Library's web site (currently outsourced through Piperwebs).
10. Compiles and interprets statistics and prepares reports as needed.
11. Maintains inventory and license records for all hardware and software.
12. Works closely with and maintains effective communication with Library Director to ensure smooth operation of the Library's automated systems and services.
13. Performs other related duties as required.
1. Proficient in the administration of personal computers and peripherals, including imaging and cloning, disk protection and lockdown, anti-virus and anti-spyware, etc.
2. Experience with the system administration of Windows server-based networks and knowledge of Windows server operating system.
3. Experience with security controls for networks, clients, and maintenance of firewalls.
4. Strong understanding of Library operations and service mission, including experience with automated circulation systems.
5. Strong working knowledge of current computing practices, standards and equipment.
6. Strong web markup skills, including HTML and CSS.
7. Ability to handle multiple priorities.
8. Effective verbal and written communication skills.
9. Self starter who can work with minimal supervision.
10. Master's Degree in Library or Information Science from an ALA accredited program.
11. Some familiarity with web development applications and scripts.
12. Some familiarity with Mac environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to focus.
Contact with Others:
1. Strong customer focus and the ability to work with the general public.
2. Daily contact with Library Director, Library division heads and staff at all locations.
3. Regular communication with vendors.
Hours: Full-time, 35 hours per week
Pay rate: $19.26/hour
Benefits: City of Holyoke
Reports to: HPL Director
Please send letter and/or resume by email by October 4 to:
536 Dwight Street, Suite #7
Holyoke, MA 01040
No phone call inquiries or walk-in applications, please.