Early Literacy Children's Librarian, Boston Public Library, East Boston Branch, Boston MA
posted September 13, 2013 4:57 PM
The Boston Public Library is accepting applications for an Early Literacy Children's Librarian I position in the new East Boston Branch opening on November 2, 2013. The successful candidate will participate in services to a diverse population characteristic of an urban setting with emphasis on service to children and will perform professional work requiring application of professional knowledge of literature, bibliographic sources and service with a concentration on children.
Salary: $42,000 - $56,638, DOQ. Competitive benefits.
- A master's degree in library science from an accredited library school.
- Courses in children's literature and early literacy and/or work, taken for credit, at an accredited library school.
- Storytelling, infant brain development, and/or early literacy concept courses and/or experience desirable.
- Knowledge of children's literature including bibliographic tools and sources pertaining to children's literature and work.
- Knowledge of the techniques of programming for children.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and focus on detail as required by the job.
- Residency - Must be a resident of the City of Boston upon the first day of hire.
- CORI - Must successfully clear a Criminal Offenders Record Information check with the City of Boston.
Complete job description and application available at: www.cityofboston.gov/OHR/
Deadline for application: September 30, 2013