Executive Recruiter, Philips North America, Andover MA
posted September 11, 2013 4:16 PM
Executive Recruiter, Candidate Developer and Executive Talent Research Associate
Philips North America, Andover, MA
We challenge you to be a key contributor to the growth of our in-house executive recruiting team. Use your analytical and research skills to build and deliver a proactive, agile, strategic and effective executive sourcing capability. You will collaborate toward recruiting best in class executives and attracting top capabilities to Philips and enabling our ability to win in global markets. You will develop deep, data driven understanding of candidate communities, competitor talent pools, academy talent, and geographic target companies so that we can engage and hire game-changing executive talent. You will be an expert in developing solutions to overcome the challenges that the war for talent brings us.
You will be responsible for comprehensive mapping of the target talent landscape for Philips current and future hiring demands. You will proactively develop thorough research and talent intelligence on executives and executive-ready talent at competitors, target companies and industry segments. You will become a subject matter expert on market trends, industry information, or other applicable intelligence in support of overarching talent sourcing strategy work and creating sourcing strategies to meet the needs of Philips various business segments. You will utilize strategic sourcing methodologies, research tools and resources, business intelligence, internal and external networks, professional organizations, branding initiatives, and technology tools to nurture a proactive network of talent. At the beginning of each search assignment, you will contribute to development of the search strategy, including construction of company target lists, researching of candidate profiles and matching necessary competencies to executive experience. You will perform additional research in support of active projects through completion, and take ownership of banking all of the expertise and intelligence gained throughout the course of search projects. Other responsibilities include directed projects to build internal knowledge of industries, companies and executives.
In addition to providing the intelligence foundation of our executive recruiting efforts, you will actively engage and qualify target executives in support of specific openings including:
- Executing sourcing strategies, i.e.: phone generation (cold-calling) of candidates, networking within niche and function, identifying applicable associations, professional groups and affiliations, websites, Boolean searches, targeting competing companies, etc.
- Develop robust screening questions that will narrow the active candidate pool to a manageable volume. Qualify candidates for cultural, experiential and financial fit, utilizing a behavior based interview approach based on the core competencies identified with client
- Manage all candidates through the selection process, providing a high level of candidate care
- Support related administrative duties related to the search process including status reports, candidate assessments, feedback/scorecard collection, etc.
- Assist with the interview scheduling process when necessary.
- Participate in customer facing meetings representing the executive recruitment team, and the recruiting function in a professional and compelling way.
- Maintain compliance with OFCCP regulations
You will be part of the Global Executive Recruiting Team within Philips Talent Acquisition. Philips Talent Acquisition is a best-in-class corporate recruiting function passionate about our profession, committed to excellence and continuous improvement of our service execution. Reporting to the Director of Executive recruitment, you will collaborate with peers locally and around the world building our executive recruitment capability.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ years of professional experience, including at least two years' experience recruiting executive level talent in a corporate or retained search firm setting. Retained executive search highly preferred.
- Highly developed research and passive recruiting skills, i.e.: prospect identification, cold calling, referral generation, competitive intelligence gathering, and organization breakouts. Proven experience utilizing complex internet searches, social and professional networking groups, blogs, diversity resources, competitor research and the development of existing candidate relationships to build pipelines of executive level talent.
- Strong project management skills; Capable of developing and executing upon thoughtful project/recruiting strategies and then methodically working those projects to a successful completion. Ability to continuously deliver a high quality pipeline of candidates under tight timelines
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills. The ability to establish rapport quickly, engage challenging executives and develop trusting relationships. Strong presentation skills with ability to present to corporate leaders.
- Training and experience with behavioral based interviewing and assessment techniques.
- Direct experience in the medical device, lighting, and/or consumer products sectors is a plus.
- Competence working both individually and as a team member.
- Candidate should demonstrate the ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment, make quick decisions and work with highly confidential information.
- Excellent written and verbal skills. Multi-lingual a plus.
- Social media savvy (e.g. LinkedIn, Twitter, etc).
- BA/BS degree required. Master degree is a plus. Data intensive concentration such as library science, etc. is a plus.
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.