Floater Librarian, Boston Public Library, Boston MA
posted September 13, 2013 5:01 PM
The Boston Public Library is accepting applications for two part-time Floater Librarian positions. The successful candidates must be available to work days, nights and/or weekends to staff public service desks at various locations as assigned and will participate in reference services to a diverse population characteristic of an urban setting. The Floater Librarian will perform various tasks requiring a broad knowledge of professional literature, bibliographic sources and principles of information delivery and services. Floaters must serve in the position for a full year before being considered for other positions.
2 Part-time positions available, 18 hours per week
Salary: $23.08 - $31.12 per hour, DOQ
- A master's degree in library science from an accredited library school
- Specialized subject knowledge and competency in world languages desirable
- Knowledge of basic bibliographic tools/sources and excellent reference techniques
1. Ability to exercise good judgment and focus on detail as required by the job.
2. Residency - Must be a resident of the City of Boston upon the first day of hire.
3. CORI - Must successfully clear a Criminal Offenders Record Information check with the City of Boston.
Complete job description and application available at: www.cityofboston.gov/OHR/
Deadline for application: September 30, 2013