Librarian, Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration, White River Junction VT
posted September 10, 2013 4:19 PM
Job Title: LIBRARIAN
Department: Department Of Veterans Affairs
Agency: Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Job Announcement Number: OG-13-CPo-954434
$68,809.00 to $89,450.00 / Per Year
Monday, September 09, 2013 to Friday, September 13, 2013
SERIES & GRADE:
Full Time - Permanent
1 vacancy in the following location:
White River Junction, VT United States
WHO MAY APPLY:
United States Citizens
Vacancy ID: 954434
* You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this job.
* You will be subject to a background/suitability investigation.
This position is located in the National Center for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (NCPTSD) at the VA Medical Center in White River Junction, VT. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
* Serving as the Resource Center Program Manager and overseeing the daily functions of the NCPTSD Resource Center;
* Creating and maintaining the PILOTS bibliographic database, a computerized index to the worldwide literature on Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD);
* Creating and maintaining a controlled vocabulary for indexing and searching literature;
* Evaluating documents to determine their relevance to the PILOTS database;
* Creating and maintaining a specialized collection of bibliographic materials that represent a thorough and current compilation of the international literature on PTSD;
* Using EndNote and database hosting software;
* Producing instructional materials and documentation for users of the PILOTS database;
* Supervising Resource Center staff;
* Delegating work in an even and effective manner;
* Conducting mid-term and annual performance reviews;
* Developing proposals for activities and designing products and services that will optimally meet customer needs and National Center objectives;
* Developing the annual budget and monitoring expenditures;
* Producing informational materials in print and electronic form;
* Answering inquiries from Veterans, their families, mental health professionals, students, and the general public seeking information on PTSD;
* Performing related duties as required.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm.
***RELOCATION EXPENSES AND/OR INCENTIVES ARE NOT AUTHORIZED***
America's Veterans need you! To find out more, go to http://www.va.gov/jobs/.