Library Director, Kingston Community Library, Kingston NH
posted September 24, 2013 6:31 PM
Kingston Community Library
2 Library Lane
Kingston, NH 03848
Posted Vacant Position Title: Library Director, Kingston Community Library Kingston, NH
Application and Inquiry Email address: email@example.com
Kingston Community Library seeks an energetic, creative person for the position of Library Director. This position oversees all aspects of running a small town library with the mission of offering outstanding service to the community by providing informational, educational, recreational, and cultural enrichment.
Kingston is an historic town in southeastern New Hampshire with an approximate population of 6,000. Having recently undergone a new building project in May of 2010, the library is equipped with modern technology and areas for children, teen, and adults to enjoy quiet study, meetings, activities and programs.
The Library Director will act as the Chief Administrative Officer of the library, responsible for day-to-day library operations within compliance of state and local laws. The Library Director will work in coordination with the Library Board of Trustees on matters such as policy-making, strategic planning and long range budget management.
The Trustees are seeking a candidate who can demonstrate the following:
- A broad knowledge of books and a personal love of reading
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Experience in the areas of collection development, programming, planning, and community outreach
- Knowledge of library budget preparation/financial management, policy development, facilities management, technology, and personnel management/staff development
- Ability to work well with library patrons and the community at large, other Town departments and officials, local schools and their libraries, a staff of 10 part time employees, volunteers, the Friends of the Library, and an elected board of seven Trustees
- Experience with fundraising and legacy giving is preferred
Qualifications: Candidates with an MLS degree from an ALA-accredited program or currently enrolled as a degree candidate. A minimum of 5 years of library or equivalent experience is required, including at least 2 years in a supervisory position. Salary will be commensurate with experience and level of formal education. Applicant must have ability to work a flexible work schedule. Applicant will have ability to travel to meetings, conferences.
Closing Date: Applications must be received COB, October 22, 2013
Salary: Full-time salaried position with benefits - $34-48K. Relocation expenses will not be compensated.
Address: Send cover letter, resume, and three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org (please put "LD Application" in subject line).