Account Manager for Legal Records and Office Services, Account Manager for Legal Records and Office Services, Boston MA
posted October 22, 2013 5:08 PM
Join our dynamic group of on-site managers whom, along with their teams, provide outstanding customer service to a variety of Fortune 500 clients globally. Our Office Document Services teams handle document production, records management, hospitality services, and mail distribution, for a large group of corporate, legal, and financial service clients. This role combines a traditional management position, with the excitement of managing a client relationship.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of a client site location in which Williams Lea provides Legal Records Management Services by establishing and implementing standard procedures for team operations, with responsibility for the full spectrum of employee management, development and training.
- Act as a subject matter expert to the client, the Records team.
- Provide leadership in a customer service intensive environment.
- Create a work environment where the Records team understands both Williams Lea and client expectations, and work together to support each other and the organization.
- Responsible for staffing decisions, including interviewing, hiring, mentoring, and disciplining team members.
- Manage team compensation, promotional increases and merit increases strategically, balancing employee rewards and department profitability.
- Identify potential future leaders from the Records team, with a focus on succession planning.
- Understand team financial targets, analyzing financial trends, identifying shortfalls, and create action plans to recover revenue or cut expenses as needed.
- Create, maintain, and enhance strong customer relationships across various levels of the client organization.
- Maximize profitability through the effective utilization of assets and site resources, and identifying additional revenue opportunities.
- Ensure timely completion of necessary administrative duties such as payroll procedures, invoicing and accounting procedures and all client and Williams Lea required monthly management reports.
- Maintenance of the Firm's records database.
- Maintenance of the inventory stored within the records department, including routine file purges and transfers of files to an offsite storage facility.
- Management of the Firm's inventory of boxes in an offsite storage facility, including the offsite filing system, box retrieval, box additions and box refiles within the inventory.
- Management of the annual file destruction and box audit process.
- Maintenance of supply inventory within the records department.
- Development of procedures to ensure the highest level of service and accountability.
- Maintenance of all hard copy files and documents, including permanent, work paper, audit, confirmation, correspondence, tax returns, restricted, research files.
- Preparation of files to be shipped to offsite warehouse. Includes computer input of boxes and content of each box. Each box must be numbered for retrieval purposes.
- Generate reports from the records database for internal customers
- Conduct follow with internal customers for return of retrieved items to records department and/or storage.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- Extensive managerial experience, preferably in the Office Document Services or similar field.
- 2-4 year of prior experience in records management, including records management systems, imaging and emerging technologies with B.S. degree, or 5-8 years relevant experience.
- Experience implementing an Electronic Records System is desirable.
- Proven track of successfully supervising, developing and training staff.
- Ability to articulate your ideas and motivate the Office Document Services team to execute them to your satisfaction.
- Solid understanding of procedures, software and equipment utilized in reprographic, mail, records, and/or hospitality services.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and workflow to ensure accuracy and quality.
- Demonstrated ability to execute process improvements.
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment where priorities change frequently.
- Excellent independent, decision-making capabilities and a solution-orientated attitude.
- A minimum of two years experience in financial analysis, managing financial reporting, and cost controls required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities; exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Member of ARMA preferred
- Intermediate MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills required.
Visit www.williamslea.com to apply, Job #: 13-1377
Hours: M-F, 8am -5pm
Salary Range: $55,000-65,000