Library Program Coordinator, Goodwin Library, Farmington NH
posted October 21, 2013 7:27 PM
The Goodwin Library Board of Trustees is seeking a Library Program Coordinator who will plan and implement the programs for adult patrons of the Library under the supervision of the Library Director. The Board seeks applications from individuals who are familiar with the American Library Association's Statement of Core Competencies, and is customer-service oriented and thorough. The Coordinator will be expected to greet patrons and interact in a way that is friendly and inviting. Events must be well organized beforehand. Other Library responsibilities will also be required of the person in this position. Successful applicants must demonstrate the following: - Degree from an accredited institution (Library, media, or information science degree preferred), or experience in adult educational programming - Strong background and skills in a broad range of current library and media technologies - Demonstrated record of innovative programming and outreach - Strong written and verbal communication skills - A positive and collaborative workplace philosophy that is both cooperative and inclusive - Knowledge of planning and coordination strategies - Documented success in community involvement endeavors and dealing with community stakeholders - Establishment of a warm, friendly, and safe atmosphere that welcomes diversity in all ways - Sense of humor combined with customer service.
Part time position, salary commensurate with experience, and benefits.
Send cover letter and resume to:
Library Director Shanna Smith, Goodwin Library, 422 Main Street, Farmington NH 03835. You may also email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Position is open until filled.
The Program Coordinator serves as the planner and organizer for the programs for adult patrons of the Library under the supervision of the Library Director. The Coordinator is responsible for creating and managing the annual calendar of programs for adult patrons of the Library. The Program Coordinator works cooperatively with the Director and staff, and within the community to further the Library's mission to provide free and open access to programs and services that meet the educational and recreational needs of the community. The Coordinator will also assist in the regular operations of the Library as needed.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate and coordinate program facilitators and presenters.
- Facilitate ongoing adult programs.
Planning and Scheduling
- Knowledge of planning and coordination strategies
- Can effectively organize and schedule an annual calendar of events
- Coordinates and develops current library programs
- Develops new programs that support the LIbrary's Mission and Community needs
- Ability to organize quality programming within a limited budget
Communications and Data
- Collects data and conducts evaluations of programs and produces reports and related information for decision-making purposes.
- Uses online tools and pathways to promote and implement programs
Community and Collaboration
- Documented success in community involvement endeavors and dealing with community stakeholders
- Ability to work collaboratively with related organizations to share and schedule space
- Produce flyers, posters, postcards, signage, and press releases for programs
Policy and Program Development
- Demonstrated record of innovative programming and outreach
Education, Skills, and Experience
- Degree from an accredited institution (Library, media, or information science degree preferred)
- Strong background and skills in a broad range of current library and media technologies
- Prior library, adult programming, or community outreach experience
- Knowledge of fundraising techniques, including grant sources (record of successful grant awards preferred)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A positive and collaborative workplace philosophy that is both cooperative and inclusive
- Establishes a warm, friendly, and safe atmosphere that welcomes diversity in all ways
- Sense of humor combined with strong professional ethics
- Strong emphasis on customer service
- Performs other related duties as assigned or required by the Director.
Salary and Benefits
- Part time salary (24+ hours/week), commensurate with education and experience
- Vacation days
- Sick days
- Personal days
Hours currently include, but are subject to change: Monday 10-5, Tuesday 2-8, Thursday 2-8, and Friday 12-5. In addition, every third Saturday.