Analyst, Media Management Group, AMC Networks, New York NY
posted October 1, 2013 6:34 PM
TITLE: Analyst, Media Management Group (Temporary)
DEPARTMENT: AMC Networks Digital Media
This hands-on role supports advanced platform product initiatives for AMC, IFC, SUNDANCE, WE tv, AMC Global Networks and their associated products.
The Analyst, Media Management Group will coordinate the metadata and non-video assets for the syndication of Advanced Platform content to all affiliates across all distribution methods including Digital Set Top Box (DSTB) On Demand, TV Everywhere (TVE), Mobile, EST (Electronic Sell Through), Broadband and other IP platforms and affiliates.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Review incoming schedules and prepare metadata as per industry and specific affiliate and platform specifications.
2. Ingest all metadata and schedule information into department's Asset Management System.
3. QC all content deliverables prior to delivery and in live status mode utilizing all available means (SlingBox, etc).
4. Assist in the implementation of the Metadata Schedule Team's responsibility in disseminating reports, data and other information both internally and externally as needed.
5. Assist Metadata Schedule Team's efforts in supporting Affiliate and Business Unit Marketing groups in Advanced Platform related promotions and initiatives.
6. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
This position contributes to assuring all contract obligations are met as to the distribution of advanced platform programming to MSO's, Affiliates and other business partners. In addition, this position contributes to maximizing efficiencies of the workflow procedures of the Metadata Schedule Team resulting in reducing both time and direct expenses and also assuring all transactional and ad sale revenue potentials are maximized.
• Bachelor's Degree in a related field to media or communication. Masters of Library Science or Information Science is a plus.
• Minimum 1 year relevant experience in Information Management or related Advanced Platform programming and distribution management.
• Understanding of Data and Information management.
• Experience with asset management and data storage.
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
• Client-services experience.
• Strong written and communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and a basic understanding of XML & XLS generation.
• Competent and proficient understanding of platforms such as Hulu, Netflix, iTunes and Amazon.
• Second language is a plus.
Supervised by: Manager, Advanced Platform Planning & Distribution
35 hours per week, at least one weekend day required, overtime as needed.