Archivist, MITRE, Bedford MA
posted October 7, 2013 2:48 PM
Job Highlights: Join MITRE for an opportunity to support and become part of our Corporate Records and Archives team focusing on the services and mission in the management, processing, and dissemination of historical MITRE record collections and products.
Key Functions include but are not limited to:
- Organizing and preserving electronic, paper, and multimedia collections.
- Creating finding aids and content summaries to facilitate access to the collections.
- Responding to customer research inquiries.
- Supporting digital preservation activities.
- Creating and coordinating online and physical exhibitions, including social media products.
- Performing report cataloging, historical research, storage management, and special event operations.
- Master's Degree in Libarary and Information Science with Archival Management focus.
- Applied knowledge of archival processing and preservation principles.
- Familiarity with finding aid structure, cataloging, and information reference services.
- Strong grounding in digital preservation tools, challenges, and best practices.
- Experience with EAD, XML, and Microsoft SharePoint is highly desired.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to work independently and effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to write proficiently.
- The ideal candidate will possess a balance of traditional (paper-based) archival proficiency and forward-looking passion for next-generation digital archiving solutions.
- BS Degree in Library and Information Science with Archival Management focus.
Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only U. S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance. For this position, MITRE will consider only those applicants with security clearances, or applicants who are eligible for security clearances.
This position will require overnight travel up to 5% of the time, as well as some local travel.
To Apply: http://www.mitre.org/careers