Capstone Coordinator, Graduate School of Library and Information Science, Simmons College, Boston MA
posted October 16, 2013 4:52 PM
Capstone Coordinator (full-time staff)
The Capstone Coordinator, working with the GSLIS faculty, is responsible for oversight and management of the capstone experience and e-portfolio required of all GSLIS students. Responsibilities include the organization, administration and monitoring of internships and the e-portfolio process, as well as the ongoing collection, organization and reporting of assessment data related to program-level outcomes and student learning objectives required for accreditation.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree in Library and Information Science preferred.
- Three years of related administrative experience in a fast-paced environment. Experience in higher education preferred.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective and collaborative working relationships with internal and external constituencies.
- Excellent communication skills, both interpersonal and written.
Required Software Skills
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite applications - spreadsheets a must.
- Database management.
- Proven ability to learn new applications.
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Simmons College participates in TIAA/CREF and offers excellent benefits packages, including tuition reimbursement for dependents at Simmons and other institutions.
Simmons College is strongly committed to diversity and values candidates who bring a variety of backgrounds and experiences to our community. Please visit us at http://www.simmons.edu/gslis/.
To apply: Please apply online at: jobs.simmons.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=52112
Candidates should be prepared to upload the following required documents: cover letter, resume, and names and contact information for three references. Consideration of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until the position is filled.