Consulting Support Analyst, OCLC, Inc., Dublin OH
posted October 13, 2013 4:27 PM
OCLC Online Computer Library Center, Inc. is a nonprofit, membership, computer library service and research organization dedicated to the public purposes of furthering access to the world's information and reducing information costs. Tens of thousands of libraries around the world use OCLC services to locate, acquire, catalog, lend and preserve library materials. We are currently seeking candidates for a Consulting Support Analyst position at our Corporate Headquarters in Dublin (Columbus), Ohio.
- Troubleshoot the most complex support situations for users and library system administrators in a blended phone and email support environment, coordinating solutions with other OCLC and vendor organizations as necessary. Participate in proactive outbound calling to assist users with new implementations and to help ensure their effective use of OCLC's product offerings.
- As needed, and with a variety of tools, remotely access the customer's server or workstation to identify and resolve complex problems involving the operating system, local configuration, server application and related services, or the server's environment and operating system.
- Provide second level technical consultation for support staff regarding operating systems, networking, security issues, client-server configurations, and emerging technologies.
- Document all support activity within the CSD call tracking system(s) to ensure accurate reporting and trend identification, and to help maintain a history that will facilitate ongoing troubleshooting activity for specific users. Analyze support trends; recommend and implement trend responses.
- Discover, research, test, and document new, valuable support information for the CSD Solutions database in order to ensure that answers and solutions are consistent, accurate, and more readily available to users and Regional Service Providers. Position is responsible to approve technical content of complex solutions submitted by CSD staff.
- Participate in new product implementation activities to help ensure CSD support readiness and better product quality/usability for client/server based product offerings. This includes independent technical, functional and quality testing, identifying bugs and problems, identifying or developing new tools or systems needed for support, reviewing user documentation, working with Architecture & Standards to prioritize third party component testing, and creating support documentation.
- Assist the corporation in understanding customer responses to specific product offerings and desires for product enhancements, so that OCLC can continue to improve the functionality and quality of its products/services.
- Bachelor of Science degree in a business or computer based discipline, or an equivalent academic/work experience combination
- 3+ years of experience using OCLC ILLiad software, to include Borrowing and Lending workflows, Odyssey Electronic delivery, Copyright Clearance, printing and the patron web interface.
- Full operating knowledge of operating systems such as: Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows (Server), including file permissions, Network shares, and system services
- Detailed knowledge of Microsoft Internet Information Services and web server implementation, including permissions, ISAPI filters, and the IIS lockdown tool
- Working knowledge of security issues with all operating systems, IIS, and SQL, and ability to apply necessary patches, as well as the ability to walk customers through the process and justify necessity to customer IT staff
- Detailed knowledge of networking technologies including TCP/IP, DNS, proxy servers, general firewall configuration and public and private network configurations
- Working knowledge of Linux and Unix/Solaris networking administration
- Detailed knowledge of personal computer and network hardware, including the ability to install, configure, operate, diagnose, and oversee problem resolution
- Detailed knowledge of Microsoft SQL including backup best practices, backup and restore procedures, TSQL query writing, table and object permissions, table relations, SQL server agent use and Agent Jobs scheduling and permissions
- Ability to self-start and self-teach as an augmentation to formal training, and ability to use all available resources for troubleshooting, including vender knowledge bases, MS web pages and tech net, News Groups, The Internet
- Expert problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle high stress situations effectively with tact and diplomacy
- Operational knowledge of operating systems, networking and client/server application concepts.
- Familiarity with relational databases (MS SQL, MS Access, MySQL, etc)
- Operational knowledge of Microsoft Internet Information Services , and web server technologies in general
- 2+ years experience supporting or implementing ILLiad configuration options; Such as customizing printing templates, customization of web pages, custom queries and report generation
- Experience as a public speaker with specific experience with technical presentations
- 3+ years experience or equivalent expertise providing technical and functional troubleshooting/support for operating systems, networking, or maintaining a client/server system
- 2+ years experience in SQL query building, database administration, backup and restoration of databases.
- Experience working as a system librarian or in an equivalent role and/or experience operating or supporting an ILS system considered a strong plus.
Apply Here : http://www.Click2Apply.net/3j2rypb