Information Specialist, Boston Scientific, Natick, MA or St. Paul, MN
posted October 11, 2013 4:09 PM
Boston Scientific's Knowledge Resources team is seeking an Information Specialist to support its research and knowledge management efforts. Candidates will have prior experience in corporate research services or have in interest in developing this experience in a challenging, yet supportive environment.
This position is located in either Natick, MA or St. Paul, MN.
Research Service Support
- Collaborate with KR senior staff and internal customers to understand the context and objectives of research requests so to appropriately, efficiently, and cost-effectively meet and exceed expectations; Research to support biomedical literature searches for notified bodies and business intelligence needs
- Work with KR staff to develop tool-kits of resources that serve as information and data management services for key stakeholders. Create alerts and other dissemination of information practices
Technical Services and Infrastructure Development
- Assist team in continuous improvement efforts and performance metrics.
- Participate in a variety of project-based assignments to continuously improve and expand on Knowledge Resources' services, formal processes, and core competencies of the team.
- Support KR team in technical service activities (cataloging/tagging, intranet development, SharePoint)
- BA/BS and experiences in information service delivery preferred. Masters Degree in Library Science preferred with 2 years of experience, or significant source work toward completion of degree.
- Basic understanding of secondary research tools and willingness to develop expertise in these areas; knowledge/experience of database searching and retrieval techniques.
- Familiarity with scientific and technical information sources
- Experience or familiarity with cataloging rules and practices; intranet design and content development
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong Customer Service orientation to seek methods that maximize the competencies of Knowledge Resources and add value to the end user/customer.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-pace environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Good people skills, team orientation, and professional attitude.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to:
Manager, Knowledge Resources