Instructional Services Librarian, Babson College, Wellesley MA
posted October 28, 2013 7:51 PM
The Instructional Services Librarian supports and advances library instructional programs through the application of information literacy standards, instructional design principles, pedagogical knowledge, educational technologies, and ongoing assessment efforts. Specifically responsible for providing research consultations; serving as the liaison to at least one academic division; and supporting a strong, responsive, user-centric service model.
- In collaboration with the Research & Instruction Services Team, assesses information literacy needs of students, faculty, and staff and develops creative delivery models to meet those needs.
- Develops and manages digital assets, instructional documentation, in-class presentations, and teaching schedule for library instruction programs.
- Develops innovative and effective models of library outreach for students, faculty and staff.
- Provides in-person, email and virtual research support to students and faculty, as a member of the Research & Instructional Services Team.
- Conducts ongoing assessments of student learning and contributes to departmental assessment projects.
- Functions as the liaison to specific academic division(s), providing library services, such as, curriculum support, research assistance, library instruction and special projects.
- Learns, implements, and teaches new technologies both in support of larger ITSD initiatives and in pursuit of continuous enhancement of the library instruction programs.
- Functions as the liaison to specific academic division(s), providing library services such as curriculum support, research assistance and library instruction.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
Minimum Level of Education Required
Master's Degree in Library Science from a school accredited by the American Library Association
Position Knowledge/Skills & Abilities Requirements:
- At least 3-5 years of post MLS library experience.
- Strong and dynamic classroom presence and presentation skills with evidence of strong interest and success with learning, implementing, and teaching emerging information technologies.
- Knowledge of best practices of instructional design as applied to in person, online, synchronous and asynchronous instruction.
- Evidence of exceptional interpersonal skills, including ability to communicate effectively with diverse students, faculty, staff, administrators, alumni, and other community members
- Strong program management skills
- Excellent computer proficiency
- Commitment and focus on advancing career by development of deep knowledge in one or more business disciplines - management, marketing, entrepreneurship, finance, economics, etc.
- Customer Service Orientation
- Continuous Improvement
- Conceptual Thinking
- Business Management
This position requires a varying work schedule and may include some evening hours.
Apply here: http://babson.peopleadmin.com/postings/2561