Librarian 1, Vermont Tech, Randolph Center, VT
posted October 22, 2013 4:50 PM
Shift: Sunday - Thursday, 2 pm - 10 pm (Flexibility with schedule is required during final exam weeks/ hours
would be 4 pm - 12 am)
Compensation: Within the VSC Grade 11 salary range plus VSC-UP PAT benefits package.
Location: Randolph Center campus
Responsibilities: Working with a team of librarians to provide the reference and instruction services to students and faculty at Vermont Technical College and the Community College of Vermont. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide general reference service during evening hours.
- Assist users at Vermont Technical College and the Community College of Vermont in finding information through use of the Library Catalog, databases, and other resources.
- Provide information literacy instruction to classes and groups as scheduled.
- Assist with the virtual reference chat service.
- Create instructional guides through use of LibGuides.
- Assist with special projects as needed, such as working with the college archives.
- Some travel required to provide instruction to Vermont Technical College nursing students.
Qualifications: Master's degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited program, plus one to three years of relevant experience, including some academic reference and instruction experience, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Broad base of knowledge and skills related to college library technologies.
- Good planning, organizational & administrative skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with library patrons and staff, including good interviewing, teaching, advising, and public speaking skills.
- VT valid driver's license is required.
Starting Date: ASAP - December 31, 2014
Application Deadline: Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
To Apply: Send a completed VTC employment application, resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The employment application is available on the Vermont Tech website at: www.vtc.edu/employment. Final offer of employment is subject to a fingerprint supported criminal background check.