Librarian II/Site Coordinator, Vermont Tech (Williston campus), Williston VT
posted October 30, 2013 3:32 PM
Position: Librarian II/Site Coordinator
Full-time, Exempt, VSC Grade 12 ,
VSC-UP PAT Bargaining Unit
Compensation: Within the VSC Grade 12 salary range plus VSC-UP benefits package.
Responsibilities: Carry out professional library responsibilities: including performing reference services, collection development and bibliographic instruction. Direct, manage and coordinate all functions related to Vermont Technical College's Williston campus library.
• Develop, promote and coordinate bibliographic instruction and reference services for the Williston campus and for online/remote students.
• Library liaison and collection development for assigned specific subject areas.
• Supervise student assistants, including interviewing, hiring training, planning and issuing work assignments, monitoring and scheduling work.
• Provide administrative support functions such as library promotion, preparation of reports and inventories.
• Keep abreast of current developments and trends in the field.
• Some travel required to provide instruction to Vermont Technical College nursing students.
Qualifications: Masters degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited program, plus one to three years of relevant experience, including some academic reference experience, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
• Broad base of knowledge and skills related to college library technologies.
• Good planning, organizational administrative and supervisory skills.
• Ability to teach effectively with library patrons and staff, including good interviewing, teaching advising and public speaking skills.
• Valid Vermont driver's license required
• Experience with Nursing and Allied Health reference and collection development.
• Experience working with students in an online environment using current technologies.
Starting Date: ASAP
Applications will be reviewed until position is filled.
NOTE: All full-time and some part time positions are subject to a fingerprint-supported criminal background check. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of this check.