Library Network Administrator, Scarborough Public Library, Scarborough ME
posted October 30, 2013 4:02 PM
This person is responsible for the operation, backup, maintenance, security, monitoring, and growth of the computer network and phone system of a socially engaged 21st Century library. The network administrator coordinates all activities related to the delivery of library information services and will provide and maintain state-of-the-art computer hardware and software resources so that members of the library staff and the public can work efficiently, effectively, and securely. We require no less than an undergraduate degree in Computer Science/Information Technology focusing on information technology and on the effective management of information resources. A post-graduate degree in Library Science or Management of Information Systems is preferred.
Proficiency in the following areas is expected:
- Current network hardware, protocols, and standards
- Windows Active Directory
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)
- Management of VMWare server software
- Experience with Cisco switches, firewalls, and wireless access points
- Experience with ShoreTel VOIP
- Management of iOS (Apple) technologies including computers and wireless access points
- Project management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, especially Windows 8
This full-time, salaried, exempt position includes access to excellent benefits including: health, dental, life and disability insurance, 401K and 457K, as well as vacation and sick leave. Pay grade is commensurate with experience and begins at $50,596.
Full job description and application are available at www.scarboroughlibrary.org. Review of applications will begin November 6, 2013 and will continue until an acceptable candidate is selected. To apply, mail application, cover letter, resume and three current references to Nancy E. Crowell, Library Director, Scarborough Public Library, 48 Gorham Rd., Scarborough, ME 04074.