Records and Archives Manager, MITRE, Bedford MA
posted October 7, 2013 2:57 PM
Job Highlights: Join MITRE for an opportunity to manage and lead the Corporate Records and Archives team. Oversee corporate policy and practice in records and document management; manage Corporate Archives and oversee preservation of historical MITRE collections and products.
- Lead records and archives services team.
- Lead communication and outreach planning for services.
- Provide records stewardship guidance to staff.
- Work closely with technical staff, develop electronic records management system (ERMS) requirements and workflows.
- Collaborate on deployment of ERMS production environments as lead service representative.
- Act as a consultant on internal information life cycle management and document management projects.
- Oversee management of key corporate electronic product collections.
- Oversee updates to the retention schedule.
- Manage onsite and offsite physical records services.
- Lead document declassification effort.
- Lead cross-country records and archives R&D center benchmarking group.
- Leverage social networking tools for product development and service promotion.
- Provide consultation to corporate archivist for all archives operations.
- Serve as primary decision maker in all software acquisitions for records and archives services.
- Master's Degree in Information Science with records-management focus, or other related field.
- Applied knowledge of records management principles.
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint, Oracle Webcenter, or other records and document management tools.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Resource management experience.
- Ability to work independently and effectively.
- Bachelor of Science and eight years of related experience.
Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only U. S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance. For this position, MITRE will consider only those applicants with security clearances, or applicants who are eligible for security clearances.
This position will require overnight travel up to 5% of the time, as well as some local travel.
To Apply: http://www.mitre.org/careers