Reference Librarian, Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, P.C., Boston MA
posted October 9, 2013 4:00 PM
The Reference Librarian will provide reference and research services to attorneys, paralegals and marketing utilizing print and electronic resources in legal, business, and other disciplines. This position will report to the Director of Library & Research Services. The hours will be Monday through Friday, from 12:00pm to 8:00pm.
- Coordinate current awareness initiatives, including docket alerts and case tracking.
- Coordinate and implement promotion of library and research services through user instruction, departmental presentations, development of pathfinders and other training materials for all levels of users.
- Prepare features and other materials for inclusion in newsletters, and for posting on the firm's intranet.
- Act as practice group liaison to market library and research services and assess practice group research needs.
- Perform and participate in special projects and administrative duties as assigned.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as requested.
- MLS degree or MLS candidate and previous law firm experience required.
- Demonstrated proficiency using common print and online resources such as Lexis, Westlaw, Bloomberg, BNA, Checkpoint, Courtlink, Intelliconnect, PACER, Capital IQ.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and conduct end-user training both in person and online.
- Advanced knowledge of legal and non-legal research techniques using print and electronic resources.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Advanced interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong emphasis on customer service and satisfaction.
- Ability to work independently.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to complete multiple complex projects under tight time constraints.
- Excellent written, oral and email communication skills.
The hours will be Monday through Friday, from 12:00pm to 8:00pm.