Adult Services Reference Librarian, Lucius Beebe Memorial Library, Wakefield MA
posted November 16, 2013 8:01 PM
Duties/Description: Under the direction of the Head of Reference and Information Services, the Adult Services Reference Librarian performs an evolving array of tasks that encompass reference service, adult programming, technology, outreach, and communication.
- Provide reference service, including notary public service, and technology troubleshooting, assistance, and training at a busy public reference desk
- Assist with collection development
- Assist with maintenance of the library's computer network
- Communicate the library's information, mission, and vision via social media, newsletters, Wordpress website, branded print material, digital sign, and displays
- Develop and maintain contacts at newspapers, clubs, community organizations, town departments, and schools in order to identify needs and to develop and communicate services and programs to meet those needs.
Qualifications: MLS or MLS candidate with commitment to excellence in and enjoyment of public service, strong reference service skills, adaptable technology skills, familiarity with computer applications and networks, excellent communication skills (written, oral, and graphic design) aptitude for public speaking and leading group discussions, and Microsoft Office proficiency. Experience with Evergreen is a plus.
Salary: $737.80 - $963.63/week, based on education and experience.
Hours: 35.5 hours per week, including evenings, Saturdays, and Sundays.
Closing Date: 11/29/13
Send: Mail resume and letter of application to
Sharon A. Gilley, Director
345 Main St
Wakefield, MA 01880