Assistant Director of Prospect Research, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston MA
posted November 6, 2013 2:45 PM
GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
The Assistant Director of Prospect Research is responsible for assisting in the identification, analysis and pipeline management of potential donors to the hospital. S/he is proactive in expanding the pool of potential prospects and responds to research requests from members of the Development team.
S/he will serve as a member of the Research team to provide in-depth reporting, financial analysis and identification of potential donors for the current $1B capital campaign.
This position replaces a long-term employee who is relocating and reports to the Senior Director of Prospect Research.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Indicate key areas of responsibility, major job duties, special projects and key objectives for this position. These items should be evaluated throughout the year and included in the written annual evaluation.
• Prepare confidential biographical profiles for members of the development staff, senior management, trustee leadership and key volunteers. Determine philanthropic capacity using established and emerging prospect research resources.
• Develop and employ proactive prospecting methodologies to identify new prospects using electronic screening results, modeling techniques, data mining, etc.
• Help establish, maintain, refine, and renew the capital campaign's top prospect lists and complete the gift table with names of potential donors.
• Help ensure that research information is utilized, tested and updated by fundraising staff.
• Identify and screen potential major gift prospects through the systematic review of print and electronic sources.
• Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: (MUST be realistic, neither overstated nor understated, and related to the essential functions of the job.)
• Bachelor's degree with a minimum of four years of prospect research experience in Development.
• Fluency with a broad range of research techniques, including print-based and Internet research, searching of electronic databases, interviewing, and the use of other appropriate sources and methods.
• Computer literacy with experience in word processing, spreadsheets, relational database software, and the Internet. Raiser's Edge experience a plus.
• Exceptional analytical skills and attention to detail.
• Strong problem solving skills, solution-oriented focus, and ability to exercise independent initiative.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively.
• Excellent written communication skills.
• Tact, discretion, diplomacy, and ability to deal with confidential information sensitively. Commitment to ethical research practices.
• Ability to work with front-line fundraising officers in a team-oriented approach.
• Ability to anticipate needs and show initiative in managing and promoting new projects.
• Flexibility and ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Curiosity and enthusiasm for learning.
• Direct prospect research experience strongly preferred.
Senior Director of Prospect Research
Brigham and Women's Hospital
116 Huntington Ave, 3rd floor
Boston, MA 02116