Children's/Young Adult Librarian, Medway Public Library, Medway MA
posted November 2, 2013 1:08 PM
Duties/Description: The Town of Medway Public Library seeks qualified candidates for the part-time (20 hour per week) position of Children's/Young Adult Librarian. This union position reports directly to the Library Director, and includes health and retirement benefits as well as sick, personal, and vacation time.
Some Responsibilities include:
Manages the Children's and Young Adult Departments under the general direction of the Library Director
- Plans and conducts children's story times, and book clubs and special events for children and young adults Provides readers' advisory, reference, early literacy, outreach, and other library services to children, families, educators, and other patrons
- Works with Director to select children's and young adult materials
- Coordinates activities with schools, preschools, day care centers, and community groups
- Manages Cultural Council and other grants for children's and young adult programming
- Performs circulation desk responsibilities
This position will require approximately one evening per week and one Saturday per month.
- Master's Degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited institution
- Experience working with and providing programming to children and teens
- Knowledge of contemporary children's and young adult literature
- Enthusiasm, creativity, and excellent written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with electronic technology and social media
- Ability to communicate tactfully and courteously with all ages
Salary: $19.44 - $25.56
Closing Date: Open until filled
Send: Please send cover letter and resume to Human
Resource Director, Town Hall, 155 Village Street,
Medway MA 02053.