E-Learning Librarian, Southern New Hampshire University, Manchester NH
posted November 19, 2013 5:41 PM
At Southern New Hampshire University we routinely go above and beyond what is expected of us. We believe there are no limits to what you can do, what you can be and what you can achieve either as a student or as an employee. Come be a part of innovation and education!
Southern New Hampshire University Shapiro Library seeks an E-Learning Librarian to help support our 30,000 (and growing) online students and faculty. In collaboration with the Off-Campus Services Librarian, this position will serve as a library liaison to the College of Online and Continuing Education (COCE). In addition, the E-Learning Librarian will build and maintain assessable information literacy objects, library tutorials, learning modules, and other technologically enhanced instructional materials to be embedded in online undergraduate and graduate courses. This faculty-ranked position is based in Manchester, NH and reports to the Dean of the University Library.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate expertise in online instruction and serve as a consultant, resource, and facilitator of effective pedagogical practices to COCE instructional design staff.
- Identify opportunities for the creation of library-related initiatives to support online learning within a course management system (CMS).
- Create and assess information literacy learning objects that promote online students use and understanding of library resources and the research process.
- Assist online graduate and undergraduate students and faculty in library/research related functions while embedded in online courses and via virtual reference services.
- Provide guidance to COCE course developers and faculty on fair use and copyright-related issues particular to the online learning environment.
- Serve on library, COCE, and University committees as elected and/or assigned.
- Other duties as assigned
- ALA-accredited MLS degree or ALA-recognized foreign equivalent.
- Demonstrated knowledge of information literacy concepts and ability to teach information literacy concepts via online learning objects to an online student body.
- Demonstrated familiarity with instructional theories, methods, and practices for diverse learner populations at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with various stakeholders to implement and manage projects and initiatives.
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Knowledge of copyright principles as they related to online instructional design.
- 1-3 years professional reference and/or instruction experience in an academic library.
- Knowledge of instructional design principles and technologies.
- Coursework or professional experiences with instructional design tools, web authoring software, tutorial and screen cast software, and other technologies used in instructional design.
- Familiarity with web accessibility standards for persons with disabilities.
To apply, please complete and submit an online application through our employment site: http://snhu.peopleadmin.com/