Library Intern, America's Test Kitchen, Brookline MA
posted November 13, 2013 7:18 PM
This 4-5 hour/week position is a wonderful opportunity to gain experience in all facets of small special library management. (Please note it is 5 hours spread over two days between the hours of 9-5 Monday-Friday. No weekends.)
This is an unpaid (but rewarding) opportunity to work as a librarian in a special library. You will gain hands-on experience with the organization and management of a library, work with a wonderful (and growing) culinary collection (about 4,000 books, plus magazines), and make a positive contribution to a fascinating organization.
ESSENTIAL ELEMENTS OF POSITION:
• Process (catalog, enter into database, shelve) new items
• Help ATK staff find books
• Answer reference questions
• Maintain catalogs
• Weed as necessary
• Keep circulation statistics
• Reshelf returned materials
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Flexibility in schedule
• Ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds and to climb on step stool to reach top shelves
• Ability to carry books up and down a spiral staircase.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• BA/BS or equivalent
• Currently enrolled in a Library Science program
• Understanding of Cataloging and Reference work
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter, availability and resume via email to email@example.com with ATK Library Volunteer in the subject line.