NASIG (North American Serials Interest Group) 2014 - Call for Proposals
posted November 7, 2013 5:07 PM
The 2014 NASIG Program Planning Committee invites proposals for conference sessions. Publishers, vendors, librarians, and others in the fields of electronic resources, serials, and scholarly communication are encouraged to submit proposals relating to scholarly communication, publishing, resource acquisition, management, and discovery. Proposals based on emerging trends, case studies, and descriptive and experimental findings are encouraged.
In particular, the Program Planning Committee welcomes programs focusing on the Core Competencies for Electronic Resources, http://bit.ly/1eWD11N , approved by NASIG in July 2013. Program topics from the core competencies include:
* Electronic resource life cycle and management
* Collection development and analysis
* Standards and systems of cataloging and classification, metadata, and indexing
* Technology and providing for discovery and access to electronic resources
* Licensing and legal frameworks for electronic resources
* Electronic resources standards, initiatives, best practices, and workflows
* Scholarly communication initiatives
This call for proposals will close on November 15, 2013. Inquiries may be sent to the chairs, Kelli Getz and Anna Creech, at: email@example.com.
Please note the following:
* All sessions will be allotted 60 minutes for the presentation and questions.
* The Program Planning Committee welcomes proposals that are still in the formative stages, and may work with potential presenters to focus their proposals further.
* Proposals should name any particular products or services that are integral to the content of the presentation. However, as a matter of NASIG policy, programs should not be used as a venue to promote or attack any product, service, or institution.
* Time management issues generally limit each session to two to three speakers for conference sessions. Panels of four or more speakers must be discussed in advance with the Program Planning Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org).
* Please refer to the NASIG reimbursement policy for reimbursement of speaker expenses, http://bit.ly/16EwFC6.
* All session speakers must complete a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) prior to speaking at the conference, http://bit.ly/16TWwit.