Assistant Managing Librarian, Snohomish Library, Snohomish WA
posted December 20, 2013 4:09 PM
Starting Pay: $4,919.59 - $6,763.77 Monthly Snohomish, WA
The Assistant Managing Librarian position works in a collaborative environment to support library operations, staffing, and planning, which includes providing effective, friendly service to customers.
This position includes morning, afternoon, evening, and weekend hours including Sundays. Successful candidate may be required to adapt to future schedule and location changes depending on library needs.
- Assist the Managing Librarian in library operation and supervision of assigned staff to provide effective and efficient service to customers
- Interview and select candidates for community library positions; train, schedule and evaluate assigned staff
- Perform and supervise effective public service including assistance providing readers' advisory and reference services
- Perform effective library collection management to provide for a materials collection appropriate for the needs and interests of the library's customers through materials research, recommendation, and customer interest
- Act as building head in the absence of the Managing Librarian; represent the library at various meetings, serve on work committees and compile and prepare reports on library operations as assigned
Requires substantial knowledge of reference services and materials; collection development principles and procedures; techniques and policies of sound staff supervision and public library management; Library District policies and procedures.
Requires the ability to operate computer equipment and on-line bibliographic databases at a proficient level; supervise and direct work of assigned staff; analyze and apply information on customer needs and interest to the selection of appropriate materials; speak and understand English; work cooperatively and have favorable interpersonal relations with public and co-workers; occasionally lift and/or move objects or materials weighing up to 35 pounds; and function in a fast-paced library environment.
This position requires a Master's degree in Library Information Science from an ALA-accredited college or university, the ability to obtain a Washington State Librarian certificate upon employment, and a minimum of four years librarianship experience. Supervisory experience is preferred but not required for this position.
Job 7931 Closes 01/10/2014
A Sno-Isle application is required for each position applying for and must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date. Applications and employment information available online: http://www.sno-isle.org