Librarian 2 (Outreach), Connecticut State Library, Hartford CT
posted December 17, 2013 4:39 PM
Salary: Starting at $60,361
Librarian 2 (Outreach)
Open To: The Public
Position No.: 81829
Location: 231 Capitol Avenue, Hartford
Schedule: Full Time - Monday through Friday
Hours: 8 hour days; 40 hour workweek
Salary: $2,321.58 bi-weekly (AR23/Step 1)
The preferred skills are: Demonstrated experience and ability to perform tasks in the following areas:
- Maintain a library's web presence;
- Direct and coordinate internal and external communications;
- Plan and implement library or cultural history programs, exhibitions and events, communications and marketing materials;
- Strategic marketing planning and budgeting;
- Develop and implement a brand identity strategy;
- Develop, produce and promote public information materials;
- Direct the development, copywriting and production of system marketing materials including newsletters;
- Prepare press releases and maintain a positive working relationship with local news media;
- Conduct targeted surveys, focus group sessions and market research;
- Track trends in library use and design awareness initiatives;
- Develop library orientation sessions and tours; and
- Participate in staff training, continuing education and professional associations as required.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING: General Experience:
A Master's degree in Library Science or Information Science from a library school accredited by the American Library Association AND one year of post graduate degree experience in a relevant area of professional library work.
- The State Librarian may determine other advanced educational degrees equivalent to the MLS degree based on staffing needs.
- Incumbents of this class may be assigned to special projects requiring advanced level professional library duties as directed by the State Librarian.
The official job specification may be viewed at http://das.ct.gov/HR/JobspecNew/JobDetail.asp?FCC=5989.
The salary plan is available at www.das.state.ct.us/HRDocs/CompPlans/AR%206%2018%202010.pdf.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Interested and qualified candidates who meet the above experience and training requirements should submit a cover letter that describes your interest and suitability for the position, resume and application for Examination or Employment (Form CT-HR-12 at www.das.state.ct.us/cr1.aspx?page=13) to:
Deborah Craig, Human Resources Specialist
Department of Administrative Services, Small Agency Resource Team - SmART Unit
165 Capitol Avenue, 5th Floor East
Hartford, Connecticut 06106
Confidential Fax: (860) 622-4921 (preferred method of submission)
Email to DAS.HR.SMART@ct.gov MUST include Lib2 (last name) 81829 in subject line.