Library Assistant, Gann Academy, Waltham MA
posted December 6, 2013 4:16 PM
Gann Academy seeks a part-time Library Assistant to provide circulation and reference services for the school community, as well as process and shelve library materials and other duties as needed. This is an immediate opening for a 20-hour per week position.
Gann Academy is a 15-year old pluralistic Jewish day school in Waltham committed to providing a challenging, nurturing, and inspiring education that integrates intensive Jewish studies with the sciences and the humanities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists patrons in the use of print and electronic resources and the physical library space;
- Provides reference services using both print and electronic resources for students, faculty and staff;
- Supervises the library to maintain a productive and collaborative research environment;
- Orders and process books and other library resources;
- Shelf-reads and shelves materials to maintain the organization of the collection;
- Assists patrons with equipment such as computers, printers, and photocopiers; and
- Performs other duties and projects as needed
Standard and functional Competencies
- Ability to work with wide range of people--students, parents, faculty, staff, donors, college representatives and community members
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues
- Ability to work independently and effectively in a changing, fast-paced environment
- Fluent in English Language
- Computer Literate
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree
- Enrollment in an MLIS program is a plus
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Stacy Schwartz, Library & Media Specialist, at email@example.com.