Library Internship, Temple Israel, Boston MA
posted December 16, 2013 4:46 PM
LIBRARY INTERNSHIP (VOLUNTEER)
The intern would have the opportunity to assist the librarian in some, or all of the following areas, depending on interest and time:
2. Staffing circulation desk
3. Responding to reference inquiries
4. Marketing the library via social networking and other medium
5. Programming assistance in preparation for annual book fair, annual Jewish
Book Month Program (both held in November) and monthly book group.
6. Creating pathfinders
7. Grant research and other fund-raising tasks/activities.
8. Assisting the librarian in the preparation of a film group about Billy Crystal she'll be
teaching in the fall to adults.
9. Creating promotional materials such as book marks.
11. Setting up displays and exhibits.
12. Other related tasks.
We ask for a minimum time commitment of three hours per week, with a possible maximum of 10 hours per week. Schedule will be worked out with candidate. Background in Judaica is desirable but not required.
The Dr. Arnold L. Segel Library may be described as a cross between a small branch public library and a school library in terms of the way that it operates, its patron make-up and "traffic flow."
For more information about
For more information about the Internship, or to apply, please contact