Archives Intern, New Hampshire Historical Society, Concord NH
posted January 8, 2014 5:50 PM
The New Hampshire Historical Society is in the midst of a major initiative to digitize its collections and improve its catalog records. The Society is looking for an intern to be a part of this exciting project. The multifaceted internship includes:
· Research, writing, and editing detailed finding aids
· Creating transcriptions of important items within the Society's collections
· Writing condition reports for the society's bound manuscripts collection
· Digitizing portions of the Society's photograph collection
· Data entry and editing within the cataloging software, MINT
· Other projects as needed
Interns will also gain reference experience by working in the Society's Reading Room assisting members, researchers, and the general public.
This is an unpaid internship for 12-15 hours/week. Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to Sarah Hays, Library Director, New Hampshire Historical Society, 30 Park Street, Concord, NH 03301 or email@example.com by January 31, 2014.