Clerk, Board of the Boston Public Library Trustees, Boston MA
posted January 13, 2014 4:51 PM
The Boston Public Library is accepting applications for the Clerk of the Board of the Boston Public Library Trustees. The Clerk of the Board assumes responsibility for planning and managing all meetings of the Board, keeps records of proceedings, and is the custodian of its records and papers. The Clerk shall be sworn to the faithful performance of her/his duties. Also responsible to support the broad responsibilities of the President and participate in advancing the Library's "Compass: Strategic Plan," specifically the Principles for Excellence.
Salary: $65,845 - $88,888, DOQ. Competitive benefits.
- A demonstrated appreciation and understanding of public service with a commitment to the Library's mission and strategic plan, specifically the Compass Principles for Excellence.
- Proven ability to use judgment when establishing priorities and making decisions; and a demonstrated track record of successfully initiating, implementing and completing projects.
- Proven ability to organize and manage the responsibilities of the President's Office, with an eye to anticipating future actions needed to fulfill responsibilities.
- Proven ability to tactfully maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion.
- Expert-level proficiency in the full Microsoft Office suite of applications, productivity, and collaborative tools.
- Demonstrable excellence in written and oral communications skills for working with Trustees, staff and the public.
- Education - Bachelor's Degree required.
- Experience - Minimum of five years of experience as an executive administrative assistant or equivalent responsibilities.
- Driver's License Preferred.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and focus on detail as required by the job.
- Residency - Must be a resident of the City of Boston upon the first day of hire.
- CORI - Must successfully clear a Criminal Offenders Record Information check with the City of Boston.
Complete job description and application available at: www.cityofboston.gov/OHR/careercenter.asp
Deadline for application: January 17, 2014