Electronic Information Specialist, Law Firm, Northeast Region
posted January 17, 2014 3:56 PM
Northeast regional, mid-sized law firm with multiple offices is seeking an Electronic Information Specialist.
The successful candidate for this newly created position will undertake the following duties in support of effective patron access to legal information resources:
- Provide legal and business research and reference assistance to attorneys in all practice areas in a timely and effective manner.
- Utilize in-depth knowledge of electronic legal services, implement innovative delivery options, and conduct targeted training to increase attorney efficiency.
- Identify, evaluate, and implement current and emerging technologies related to the delivery of electronic legal research and reference services a virtual reference desk setting.
- Apply user experience design and usability principles to enhance department's Sharepoint intranet for dynamic interaction with identified electronic legal research services.
- Manage licensing documentation, monitor usage reports, and produce patron notifications for electronic services.
- Provide research and reference support to the functions of the various departments of the firm including Marketing, Business Development, and Professional Development.
- Assist with all aspects of department daily upkeep and maintenance.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master's Degree in Library Science required. Candidates who have earned an MLS or MLIS with a focus on Information Architecture are preferred.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 4 years experience conducting basic legal research in a law firm information services setting, and 1-3 years of demonstrated experience managing legal electronic services and department intranets.
- Aptitude for learning new computer applications quickly with minimal instruction.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills required. A sense of humor is a plus.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse staff and to thrive in a fast-paced, evolving and highly collaborative environment is essential.
Compensation and Benefits Package are highly competitive and comprehensive. The Law Firm is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please note in subject line: Electronic Information Specialist