Intern: Development, Volunteers of America, Massachusetts, Jamaica Plain MA
posted January 3, 2014 4:07 PM
POSITION: Intern: Development (unpaid)
REPORTS TO: Volunteer Coordinator/development staff
Works closely with the Volunteer Coordinator on activity related to assist with special events as well as other Development tasks. Also participates and supports the organization and maintenance of the administrative office. Flexible hours; 8-10 per week.
Must be a full or part-time student with an interest in Non-Profit Social Service Organizations. Must be flexible and task oriented and be able to function independently. Must be skilled in a variety of persuasive writing styles. Must also have strong computer skills including MS Office Suite and use of the Internet research. This position requires strong organizational and planning skills; good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Assisting with the design, copy writing, and production of donor materials and ongoing correspondence
- Create engaging and persuasive newsletter articles
- Assist in the creation of social media and web content
- Assist in the recruitment of volunteers for placement within the programs or special events.
- Provide support for marketing and networking activities related to volunteer recruitment, fundraising and overall brand awareness.
- Assist in the fundraising efforts of the agency.
- Assist in maintaining donor relations through solicitation, acknowledgment, and follow-up letters
- Maintain the proper confidentiality of sensitive information and maintain file system for organizational materials.
- Perform other support tasks as required.
- Will meet with each senior administrator and discuss their role and its function within the social service arena
- Will visit each program and interview staff and volunteers in order to learn about the program and provide (anonymous) quality feed back to administration.
Effect on End Results:
- Quality print and web content
- Increased donor correspondence
- Increased brand awareness and web presence
- Increased funding
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more informtion.