K-8 Librarian, Smith Elementary and Wagner Middle Schools, Hampden ME
posted January 10, 2014 5:20 PM
The Smith & Wagner School Librarian plans and implements the school library program at each school.
• Evaluates, selects, and maintains a collection of materials that support the school-wide curriculum
and are appropriate to varying levels of student ability and interests.
• Plans and leads weekly library classes for elementary (K-5) and middle school (5-6) students. As
a teacher, the school librarian empowers students to become critical thinkers, enthusiastic readers,
skillful researchers, and ethical users of information
• Collaborates with staff, administrators, and district librarians for the integration library classes
and resources with curriculum and instructional programs.
• Provides an effective use of space and furnishings in the library to create a positive and inviting
atmosphere conducive to learning.
• Administers the annual budget for library materials and services based on district goals,
coordinates requisitions for such materials, equipment, and services and maintains an accurate
record of expenditures.
Endorsement 071, CHRC required.
If interested, please submit our Librarian Application to the Superintendent of Schools.
To Apply: https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B7ioNMzIhO7BTmdoaFJDQTdydnM