Librarian I, University of Texas School of Public Health Library, Houston TX
posted January 2, 2014 10:25 AM
In this role you will serve as the Technical Services Librarian who oversees library catalog and Interlibrary Loan services.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Perform basic and complex copy cataloging for library materials using AACR2, LCRI, MeSH, LCSH, NLM and LC Classification, and local policies and procedures.
- Participate in special technical services projects (ebook cataloging (Springer, eBrary, MyiLibrary, electronic theses and dissertations [ETD], etc.) to quickly add large collections to the online catalog.
- Oversee all aspects of Interlibrary Loan services, including borrowing, lending and document delivery. Use ILL toolkit to establish efficiency and streamlining ILL workflow. Creates and maintain free lending library group to reduce cost and staff process time.
- Responsible for upgrade and System configuration for OCLC ILLiad's Customization Manager and ILLiad's client and preparation of ILL statistic reports for library director.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the director of library services including serving on THSLC committees as needed.
- Maintain knowledge of changes and trends in technology in library services. Make recommendations on cataloging, ILL policies in areas of responsibility based on current trends, issues, and emerging standards.
- Knowledge of emerging trends in resource description, such as FRBR and RDA, and of evolving technologies. Knowledge of digital libraries and discovery tools are preferred.
- Proficiency of Endeavor Voyager integrated library system, ILLiad interlibrary loan management software, OCLC First Search, OCLC Connexion, WorldCat and DOCLINE.
- Experience with both print and online reference resources. Ability to deal with difficult or incomplete citations.
- Experience with standard computer applications and Internet resources.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with faculty, staff and students.
- Experience in Interlibrary loan services in an academic or medical library setting, either as a paraprofessional or as a librarian highly desirable.
- Experience in cataloging, either original or copy cataloging, in an academic or medical library setting, either as a paraprofessional or as a librarian highly desirable.