Librarian, Three Rivers Regional Library System, Jesup GA
posted January 24, 2014 3:56 PM
Librarian Generalist Position
Three Rivers Regional Library System is seeking a professional librarian to join our public library system in Jesup, Georgia. We are seeking an enthusiastic, high-energy, service oriented librarian to join our team. This position will provide customer service to our member libraries in the area of Children and Youth Services, Information Technology, and Cataloging. This position is available as of February 1, 2014 and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The successful applicant must be a graduate of an ALA accredited university and be able to obtain a librarian certificate from the Georgia Librarian Board.
Recent MLS graduates are encouraged to apply. Good starting salary with excellent benefits.
- Masters in Library Science from an ALA accredited university
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Provide support to member libraries using technology to include: PCs, tablets, printers, servers, etc.
- Demonstrate a keen sense of customer service and patience
- Participate in programming events: planning, presenting, and hosting
- Keep abreast of all library trends and best practices
- Ability to handle multiple issues at one time
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to troubleshoot in a technological environment
- Website updating experience a plus
- Work in a team environment, follow procedures, and embrace change
- Ability to solve problems and complete work with a positive attitude
To apply, please send a completed application along with a cover letter, resume and three professional references to:
Three Rivers Regional Library System, 280 South Mahogany Street, Jesup, GA 31546.
Attn: Human Resources Department