Manager, Creative Computer Commons, Pikes Peak Library District, Colorado Springs CO
posted January 24, 2014 3:44 PM
New Position: Manager, Creative Computer Commons
Employer: Pikes Peak Library District
Location: New 21st Century Library, Colorado Springs, CO 80920
STARTING WAGE: $25.75 - $30.26 per hour DOE* + full benefits
(*Starting wage will be commensurate with experience and education.
Starting wage is equivalent to a range of $53,560- $62,940 per year)
POSITION SUMMARY: Seeking an innovative, tech savvy leader to manage the Creative Computer Commons (C3) that incorporates media lab technology, maker space, and community interactive opportunities for local entrepreneurs, home business startups, students, innovators and creative individuals of all ages. You will provide the organizational capacity and expertise that will allow C3 to flourish. This exempt, full-time position will direct a highly collaborative team committed to achieving the mission of the Pikes Peak Library District: to seek, engage and transform lives through library services and resources that enrich individual lives and build community.
· Guides Library staff and patrons to expand their understanding of new technologies, get the most out of their gadgets and devices, and provide both opportunity and equipment to create, invent, investigate and share ideas.
· Oversees, implements, maintains and enhances a wide range of technologies and systems.
· Provides leadership, guidance, direction and assistance to staff: including supervision, evaluation, hiring and goal setting for staff development and learning.
· Develops operating procedures and staff schedules, analyzes workload statistics and recommends staffing.
· Develops long-and short-range plans of service and implements strategies to meet the District's objectives.
· Plans and coordinates C3 program objectives, including budget preparation and monitoring.
· Provides excellent customer service and maintains a courteous, positive image of the library when interacting with patrons and staff.
· Actively promotes the library's services through programming and community outreach.
· Represents the library as a member of professional organizations and associations; may serve on teams or advisory boards as assigned.
· Maintains patron and staff confidentiality.
· Performs other job related duties as assigned.
· Master's Degree in Library Science (MLS or MLIS) required
· Three plus years of professional library experience with supervisory responsibility
· Advanced knowledge of library services, best practices and procedures
· Aptitude for technology, willingness to learn and ability to exercise confidence and excitement in the vast technological and online resources the Library District has available
· Ability to cultivate a team environment that encourages personnel to work across departments
· Excellent communication skills, demonstrates a "whatever-it-takes" work ethic, and models an excellent customer service attitude
· Bilingual ability is a plus in serving our diverse community
PROCEDURE FOR APPLIATION:
1. Complete a PPLD online application located at ppld.org on the JOBS/VOLUNTEERS tab
2. Attachments should be submitted in the following file types: .doc, .xls, .xlsx, .pdf, .htm
3. If you require an accommodation to complete your job application, please contact the Human Resources Office at (719) 531-6333, Ext. 1254.
CLOSING DATE: Position is open until filled; preference will be given to online application materials received by February 4, 2014
TARGET START: Anticipated start date is March 3, 2014