Programs & Community Outreach Librarian, Boston Public Library, Fields Corner Branch, Dorchester MA
posted January 13, 2014 5:04 PM
The Boston Public Library is accepting applications for Programs & Community Outreach Librarian at the Fields Corner Branch. The Programs & Community Outreach Librarian performs any and all phases of work in support of neighborhood programming and outreach services in library and non-library locations.
Salary: $46,274 - $62,419, DOQ. Competitive benefits.
- Education - Bachelor's degree from a recognized college or university and a master's degree in library and information science from an ALA accredited library school. Two years of professional library experience including substantial experience in public programming.
- Experience - Significant programming experience. Knowledge of broad-based library programming practices, including current trends in youth and adult services. Excellent knowledge of online communications and social networking tools.
- Requirements -Some evening and weekend hours consistent with branch hours. Weekly schedule varies based on scheduled programs and events. Ability to travel to BPL locations as well as to off-site locations.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and focus on detail as required by the job.
- Residency - Must be a resident of the City of Boston upon the first day of hire.
- CORI - Must successfully clear a Criminal Offenders Record Information check with the City of Boston.
Complete job description and application available at: www.cityofboston.gov/OHR/careercenter.asp
Deadline for application: January 31, 2014