Project Manager (temporary position), Print Department Reorganization Project, Boston Public Library, Boston MA
posted January 13, 2014 4:54 PM
The Boston Public Library is accepting applications for the Project Manager for Print Department Reorganization Project (temporary position). The Project Manager for the Print Department Reorganization Project will recommend and implement a strategy and project plan designed to establish a level of intellectual control, physical arrangement, and descriptive record creation that will facilitate a higher and more efficient level of access to and usability of the collections and items contained therein.
Salary: $65,845 - $88,888, DOQ. Competitive benefits.
- MLS/MLIS from accredited university with significant coursework in archival management, metadata, visual materials, museum studies, digital projects, or equivalent fields.
- Second degree in a visual materials, or material culture field (e.g., art history, photography) preferable.
- Significant professional experience may be alternately suitable.
- Minimum 7 years working with appraisal, arrangement, and description of visual materials collections in archives, museums, and/or libraries.
- 3-5 years designing and entering data and data fields into online collection management systems, digital repository applications, and library catalogs. Hands on experience with The Museum System (TMS) Collections Management software highly desirable.
- Minimum 7 years handling original library, archives and/or museum materials, including at least 5 years of processing and preservation assessment work.
- Minimum 5 years project management and supervisory experience processing large collections within cultural heritage institutions or departments.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and focus on detail as required by the job.
- Residency - Must be a resident of the City of Boston upon the first day of hire.
- CORI - Must successfully clear a Criminal Offenders Record Information check with the City of Boston.
Complete job description and application available at: www.cityofboston.gov/OHR/careercenter.asp
Deadline for application: January 31, 2014