Bank of the West is seeking a qualified candidate to serve as its Records Manager. The candidate should have a proven track record in developing and managing an enterprise-level records management program. An individual with strong interpersonal and organizational experiences in financial institution records management is preferred but not mandatory. The candidate should be a Certified Records Manager (CRM). Responsible for leading an enterprise wide strategic effort for Records Information Management (RIM). Develops and manages centralized policies and procedures for managing the life cycle of physical and electronic records throughout the Bank. Ensures that policies and standards are compliant, and provides governance and training pertaining to records management within business entities and groups.
Essential Job Functions
1. Communicates and drives the implementation of key RIM initiatives at the Bank.
2. Leads the development, implementation and maintenance of policies and procedures for identifying, organizing, indexing, storing, retrieving and disposing of physical and electronic records.
3. Partners with internal stakeholders to periodically evaluate current systems and administer specialized systems for managing the lifecycle of business records. Understands critical business processes, identifies gaps, set goals, and objectives and implements procedural changes that preserve information and ensures legal and regulatory compliance.
4. Develops and facilitates a Bankwide Records Management Training Program. Manages and trains Records Management team members within various business groups across the Bank.
5. Creates and manages critical RIM workflows that align records management with various business processes.
6. Partner with IT to review and recommend business applications that support strategic objectives and enhances program efficiency.
7. Works closely with the Legal Department to develop processes for responding to litigation, regulatory inquiries, legal holds, and document preservation notices.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
• Bachelor's Degree in business, library science, records management or an associated discipline required
• Master's/Advanced Degree in business, records management or an associated discipline preferred
• Required license(s) or certification(s) Certified Records Manager (CRM)
Administrative/Technical Skills/ Other Information
• Experience building out a records management structure is strongly desired
• Will supervise a team of 2 or more Professional Staff
• 5-8 years of functional/professional experience
• 3-5 years of supervisory or managerial experience
• Alternative: Combination of education and experience (years /description) 8 - 10
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members-they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values--straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity - an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines - Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.