Senior Taxonomist, Earley & Associates, Carlisle MA
posted January 14, 2014 4:35 PM
As a member of our growing professional services team, you will work on a variety of taxonomy, information architecture, content management, and knowledge management projects for a wide range of high-end clients. As a senior-level practitioner, you will be expected to lead segments of a project, work directly with clients, negotiate and harmonize with colleagues, and drive a point of view for achieving project objectives. This is a unique opportunity to help guide, influence, and improve clients' information architectures and significantly transform our clients' businesses. You will work on specific client projects as well as help establish company-wide best practices and develop methodologies for all projects.
- Define, develop, map, evaluate, and maintain taxonomies.
- Lead taxonomy implementations including taxonomy framework analysis and taxonomy development.
- Provide training on taxonomy maintenance, tagging, or tool use.
- Support integration of taxonomies with CMS and WCMS, DAM, and PIM taxonomy management tools, search engines etc.
- Lead projects on conducting user research, usability testing, and taxonomy refinement.
- Conduct content audits and content analysis.
- Develop content models and metadata schemas, tagging, conducting metadata audits.
- Strong understanding and application of Web technologies. Experience with taxonomy, metadata, controlled vocabularies, classification, analyzing search logs and Web metrics
- A minimum of 5 years' of taxonomy development experience, including leadership roles in client engagements.
- Consulting experience with strong client relationship skills and thought-leadership abilities, Ability to represent company and team to client.
- Proven ability to design and lead discovery activities including stakeholder interviews, user inquiry, website and business performance metrics audits, and taxonomy development workshops
- Hands-on experience with taxonomy development project deliverables.
- Experience in working closely with business, technical and process analysts.
- First rate interpersonal and communication skills. with excellent attention to detail.
- Experience in team environments and consulting experience.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational time management skills. Proficient in all Microsoft Office Tools.
- Ability to work independently from your home office
- Availability to travel to onsite locations when required (estimated at 30-50%)
Desired Skills and Experience
Skills and Experience include:
- Experience with taxonomy-management systems.
- Experience with Content Management and/or Digital Asset Management Systems.
- Experience managing content for large Web sites.
- Experience doing user research and usability testing.
- Experience preparing business or technical documentation.
Education Required: A Masters of Library and Information Science (MLIS) or comparable degree is strongly preferred.
Compensation is based upon experience level. In addition, this position offers:
- Work from home arrangements when not required to work onsite.
- Quarterly Bonuses based upon personal and company performance
- Complete benefits package including medical, 401k, education, and more.
- Future growth opportunities!
We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
If you enjoy working with a well-respected company and being in a fast-paced, team-focused environment, your opportunity is knocking!
About this company
Earley & Associates
Founded in 1994, Earley & Associates is an information management (IM) consulting company. We take a holistic approach to information management; we understand how people, technology, and content relate. We realize that focusing on specific business contexts and goals drives the success of an information management project. We work with companies in a broad range of industries including e-commerce, life sciences, nonprofit, and government. We help to build solutions that increase IM competency and knowledge in your organization while delivering results that meet your business goals. Our corporate headquarters is in Carlisle, Massachusetts, and our consultants work on projects around the globe.
To apply, please email your introduction, resume and compensation requirements to: email@example.com.