Server Manager, Boston Public Library, Boston MA
posted January 13, 2014 5:08 PM
The Boston Public Library is accepting applications for the Server Manager position. The Information Technology (IT) Server Manager is responsible for leading the server team, managing the server and enterprise storage infrastructure, and providing technology architecture, IT security and high level security problem resolution expertise to ensure a functioning and optimal computing infrastructure across the Boston Public Library's branch library locations, the central library and its departments, across both internal and public computing programs and services, and encompassing all online and onsite IT services.
The IT Server Manager directly manages the server staff. The IT Server Manager will act internally and externally for the IT department as the deputy CTO as needed and on tasks and projects as assigned. This role will work closely and collaboratively with the IT Network, Server, Web Services and Applications Managers in particular to ensure a well-coordinated delivery of IT services to internal and external customers. This role is also responsible for the on-call schedule, team scheduling, oversees personnel, and participates in strategic and budgetary planning procedures, including BPL's participation in the Federal eRate program. This is both a hands-on technical and managerial position. The position is also expected to maintain currency in cutting edge server, storage and security technology and service delivery models, and provide appropriate leadership to BPL's IT department in this area.
The IT Server Manager is responsible for maintaining the Data Center, Server, Storage inventory; for procuring, supporting and delivering maintenance for included equipment and software licenses. They maintain vendor relationships with key service providers that support and provide technology services for the BPL infrastructure.
This role is responsible for the optimal operation of all server and storage environments. It is also responsible for escalation management from technical support and directly from partner organizations that consume services, and does so with a focus on maintaining high levels of availability and recoverability.
Salary: $72,585 - $97,996, DOQ. Competitive benefits.
- Education - Bachelor's Degree, VMware Certification (VCP/VCAP) ; Storage Certification (SNIA/EMC) required; Microsoft Certification (MCITP) in Windows Server / Exchange; Industry Standard Security Certification (e.g. CISSP). In exceptional instances, specialized education, training and/or experience may be substituted for part or all of the educational requirements.
- Experience - Minimum of at least five years of managing staff in a server support function, plus direct technology-related experience in the server (vm, ad, exchange) or storage area (emc, vmware, sun); experience in troubleshooting hardware, software and ability to diagnose and provide solutions within the IT infrastructure environment.
- Requirements - Position schedule may require working evenings and weekends. Demonstrated ability to accept responsibility, work under pressure and to interact positively and efficiently with the public. Demonstrated superior customer service skills; ability to communicate clearly and in a concise manner, superior work habits, ability to prioritize work, strong organizational skills, and good mechanical aptitude. Ability to manage and lead people, to hire, motivate, and separate from staff successfully, to work in a changing progressive environment. Demonstrated ability to problem-solve, time management and supervise peers and subordinates.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and focus on detail as required by the job.
- Residency - Must be a resident of the City of Boston upon the first day of hire.
- CORI - Must successfully clear a Criminal Offenders Record Information check with the City of Boston.
Complete job description and application available at: www.cityofboston.gov/OHR/careercenter.asp
Deadline for application: January 31, 2014