Taxonomy Specialist, Project Management Institute, Newtown Square PA
posted January 13, 2014 5:30 PM
Summary of Position
PMI is seeking a professional to ensure a satisfying and effective customer navigation and search experience and opportunity for knowledge discovery on PMI.org. The successful candidate will also oversee the ongoing development of PMI's PMI.org taxonomy and application of metadata schema and attributes to classify PMI.org content.
This includes governance and collaborative decision-making about taxonomy schema, structure, and expansion according to internal rules and industry standards and best practices, as well as tagging of content and results testing to ensure precise and effective search retrieval.
Duties Include but are not limited to:
- Research, develop, and apply taxonomic classification and metadata schema for project management content on all PMI web properties, including PMI.org Marketplace or other site components.
- Work in appropriate tools for taxonomy management, data collection, application, and analysis, and for surfacing of new project management terminology by which to keep the taxonomy up to date.
- Identify and implement tools to evaluate and effectively manage both the overall search experience as well as appropriate tagging of knowledge assets.
- Apply knowledge of industry standards for thesauri and classification systems to taxonomy development and application.
About PMI: PMI is the world's largest not-for-profit membership association for the project management profession. Our professional resources and research empower more than 700,000 members, credential holders and volunteers in nearly every country in the world to enhance their careers, improve their organizations' success and further mature the profession.
PMI's worldwide advocacy for project management is reinforced by our globally recognized standards and certification program, extensive academic and market research programs, chapters and communities of practice, and professional development opportunities.
- Bachelor Degree Required/ Master of Library/Information Science Preferred. Education or experience in business or project management desirable.
- 2 or more years cataloging or taxonomist experience. Familiarity with SmartLogic tools helpful.
- Understanding of taxonomic schema, rules, and workflows and how to work with and maintain them.
- Understanding of industry standards for thesauri and classification systems.
- Strong organization skills and service orientations. Ability to see how decisions affect the customer experience.
*100% paid employee benefit coverage (medical, dental, vision, and prescription)
*Up to 20 Paid Days Off (Four weeks) per year to start
*+ 10 Paid holidays
*Reimbursements: Tuition, Seminar and Professional Membership Dues
*Employee Assistance Program
*Service Recognition Awards Program
*401k with company match up to 7%
*Business casual, friendly environment, just to name a few.
ALL BENEFITS ARE EFFECTIVE THE FIRST OF THE MONTH FOLLOWING YOUR HIRE DATE.
Online application at: https://rew21.