Temporary Research & Instruction Librarian, Academic Library, Greater Boston MA
posted January 2, 2014 9:29 AM
BiblioTemps®, a short-term staffing service of the Massachusetts Library System, is seeking candidates for a temporary Research and Instruction Librarian for one of our academic library clients. The schedule for this part-time assignment will be 12:30-4:30pm, Monday through Friday. The placement will begin in mid-January and continue for approximately four months.
The successful candidate will research consultations and reference services for students and faculty. Specifically, the successful candidate will deliver in-person instruction on identifying, retrieving, and evaluating information resources, particularly in the humanities and social sciences; provide individual consultations on the design and pursuit of research strategies and the use of research-related technologies; answer general reference inquiries; and staff the merged circulation, instructional technology, and reference desk. Depending on the candidate's background and experience, they may assist in providing course-integrated information literacy instruction.
- MLS from accredited library school. New LIS graduates and advanced graduate students welcome to apply
- Ideal position for entry-level librarian with some experience in reference and instruction.
- Fluency with citation management software systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Google Apps, Sakai or other learning management system.
- Willingness to learn about the College's circulating equipment collection, and ability to consult with patrons about their equipment needs.
- Experience with LibraryH3lp or other chat-based system and LibGuides preferred.
- Must be able to work effectively in a culturally diverse environment
Submit a current resume and cover letter online at http://www.bibliotemps.com/jobs/. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. First review will be January 7.