Text Analyst, Reed Business Information, Norcross GA
posted January 13, 2014 5:22 PM
It is Reed Construction Data's vision to provide our insight in every decision, through employing the most innovative technologies to produce products that deliver actionable intelligence.
This position plays a fundamental role in fulfilling that vision by enabling Reed to glean relevant content from highly diverse raw source data and transform it into value-added information that is easily vended through our products & solutions. This is accomplished through:
· Systematically identifying and extracting relevant information from a wide range of input documents and source data
· Augmenting and enriching Reed's portfolio of construction project and industry information with this extracted data
· Driving efficiencies and reducing the time required to make this intelligence available to our customers
· Design and develop advanced information extraction solutions and transforming text from a wide range of both structured and unstructured sources.
· Develop taxonomies, text classification and information extraction algorithms
· Perform data extraction, transformations, cleaning, analysis, data mining
· Participate in business discussions. Effectively identify and convey the business implications of text analytics to technical and business audiences
· In depth knowledge and experience in text mining, analytics and content extraction
· 2+ years of experience using SAS Enterprise Content Categorizer or similar tools
· 2+ years of hands on experience extracting / tagging targeted content from unstructured documents
· 2+ years of direct experience in metadata design and implementation
· Working knowledge of HTML/CSS, XML, ASCII/CSV, TIFF, METS/ALTO, PDF, and OCR
· Bachelor's Degree in Library Science, IT, Computer Information Systems, or related field of study/relevant experience
· Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills with the ability to convey complex technical concepts to non-technical professionals.
· Familiarity with Agile Software Development
· Ability to work under aggressive deadlines
RBI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
If interested contact: